March 6, 2008

Pecorino scones

Some days you just want to keep it simple. And one of the things I’ve learned in North America is that you love convenience. It’s not that you can’t find the same behavior in Italy, but it’s different. While it’s true that nobody in Italy – unless they’re really passionate about cooking like me – would ever try to bake a homemade panettone and instead what you do is simply go to your favorite and wonderful local bakery to get one, it’s still an Italian tradition to go home for lunch, even on weekdays, and to eat a tasty dish of pasta with a savory sauce made from scratch.

A little bit seduced by these practical mixes in a box where you only have to add water, I prepared some delicious scones. Actually they were pretty good, but I couldn’t keep myself from adding an Italian touch. I don’t know what a Briton would say about my scones, but for me they were just perfect.

Ingredients (12 scones)
1 package of home-style scone mix (19 oz)
¾ cups + 2 Tbsp water (according to baking instructions)
½ cup + 2 Tbsp grated pecorino romano cheese

Just follow the baking instructions of your scone mix, but add the pecorino romano cheese when kneading the dough. Shape the scones and sprinkle some more cheese on top of them. Bake until slightly golden and enjoy!

Posted by Daziano at 8:44 PM |  
Labels: , ,

2 comments:

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin